Theresa May has announced a £5 million support package to Salisbury and Amesbury to help 'further support businesses, boost tourism and meet unexpected costs' in the wake of the nerve agent attacks in the last four months.
This new package is in addition to the £2.5 million that has been made available since March to support the local community.
The £5m support package
• £927,000 to provide immediate support to local businesses and to counter their loss of earnings
• £997,000 to support Wiltshire Council's response and recovery costs
• £870,000 to boost the vital tourism industry in the region (including £570,000 for free parking and park & ride services)
• £2.5 million in special grant funding to cover extra costs incurred by Wiltshire Police
How to apply for the business support funding
• Contact The Growth Hub on 01225 402096 or The Enterprise Network Centre on 01722 567345 to arrange a meeting with a business adviser.
• The business adviser will discuss the issues you are facing, including any financial requirements, whether short-term support needs or longer term business growth needs.
• The business adviser will support you through any application for funding if applicable and remain as your adviser for as long as you need.
Salisbury BID members are also encouraged to contact us if we can provide any additional support to you and your business.