Salisbury BID is the business improvement district for the city centre, which is a business-led, not-for-profit body formed to improve a defined commercial area. Salisbury BID encompasses and is funded by over 500 levy-paying businesses within the ring road of the city.
One of Salisbury BID’s key objectives is to promote the city to increase the number of visitors and therefore spend in businesses.
For retailers in particular, Christmas is a crucial time for their success - a strong Christmas trading period can counteract a poor year of trading, so it's important this time is optimized with strong promotion to encourage people into the city centre to support businesses.
• will be required to manage the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts for Christmas in Salisbury
• must have a proven track record of managing social media accounts
• must be located in Salisbury, as they will be required to create the content
• will be required to measure the success of the social media marketing by providing a monthly report
• will work with Salisbury BID’s Marketing & Communications Manager
• is required from October 2019 until 6th January 2020, with further opportunities to work on other initiatives if successful
• will be expected to work approximately 10 hours per week, subject to further discussions
• To promote the Christmas calendar of events in Salisbury city centre to encourage people to visit
• To help make consumers aware of the unique gifts, products and services available from Salisbury’s independent businesses
• To promote Christmas products and services available from Salisbury’s businesses
Expressions of interests, including an hourly rate, from local creative agencies or freelancers are welcomed and should be sent to email@example.com by Monday 23rd September 2019.
A shortlist will be made soon after the closing date and shortlisted applicants will be invited to meet with Salisbury BID before an agency/freelancer is appointed.
In partnership with VisitWiltshire, Salisbury BID co-fund the Visit Salisbury website to promote the city to visitors. The Visit Salisbury website has a full events calendar for Salisbury.