The procurement team at Wiltshire Council are inviting Wiltshire-based businesses that would like to supply goods and services to the council to come and meet them at special events taking place to demystify the tendering process.
Wiltshire Council is holding two workshops that will explain to businesses how the council buys what it needs, allowing local businesses to get greater access to sell their goods, works, and services and encouraging businesses to bid for our contracts.
The workshops are taking place from 10am – 12noon on:
· Thursday, 20 April at The Old Fire Station Enterprise Centre, Salisbury
· Thursday, 27 April at Digital Mansion, Corsham
Cllr Richard Clewer, Leader of Wiltshire Council said; “Wiltshire Council is committed to supporting local companies who want to do business with us, particularly small and medium size enterprises. Engaging with local businesses is a key priority for Wiltshire Council as we focus on increasing local spend, supporting business growth, and ensuring we engage with businesses to support our Carbon Neutrality goals and deliver social value.
“Tendering in the public sector is more straightforward that you might think, however, we appreciate that our procurement process can seem daunting. These workshops will de-mystify the process and provide top tips for tendering. They will explain to businesses including suppliers of goods, works, or services how the council procures what it needs, allowing local businesses to get greater access to sell their goods, works, and services and encouraging businesses to bid for our contracts.
“We have contracts that range from small, one-off purchases up to multi-million-pound contracts lasting several years. I would encourage all Wiltshire-based, small and medium size enterprises to come along and find out more about opportunities on their doorstep and learn how to win work from the council and its partners.”
The workshops will include:
· An introduction to Wiltshire Council’s Procurement Team
· What tendering looks like at the council?
· How to find information about opportunities and navigate the ‘Supplying The South-West’ portal
· Information about the procurement pipeline - What opportunities are available?
· An opportunity for attendees to share challenges they have encountered, and their perceptions of public sector procurement.
The workshops are free to attend and can be booked via Eventbrite:
In partnership with VisitWiltshire, Salisbury BID co-fund the Visit Salisbury website to promote the city to visitors. The Visit Salisbury website has a full events calendar for Salisbury.